Wednesday, April 25, 2007

I am back !!!

Yes!
I am back from my Reservist training.

From 19th April to 25th April, we have been transported to Pulau Tekong camp; heading towards this place called San Yong Kong camp.
This camp looked like it was built by Command & Conquer fans.
You have barracks, generators and a very spartan sanitary system laid out like a RTS game map with complimentary guard tower.

It's amazing how this island which is a ferry ride away from mainland could be so stuffy in the day and the temperature could plummet a mind numbing 20 plus degrees celsius by midnight.
I was shivering on my 1st night there.
My mates told me I was snoring and the snoring resembled that of a revving engine.
Hee hee hee.......

The grand finale of this act took part on a sunday night, the entire unit was sent forth on a marching order to the darkest part of island (in my own words).
Yes! It is darkest tekong for you Noobs out there. So dark that you can't see your own hand.
But yet, you have to be disciplined enough to resist the urge to use a torch.

Of course, there is help in a form of a glow strip stuck to the soldiers' helmet as a guide through the darkness.
I surfed thru the darkness from 12am to 4am, emerging at a beach.

An hour or so, I saw the sun rise from the eastern horizon.
I spent an hour staring at it; never so glad before seeing it.

No comments: